THE PADI DEEP DIVER COURSE
After your first few scuba dives, you soon want to explore a bit deeper. There’s something exciting and mysterious about the depth that attracts dives.
THE FUN PART
The fun part about this course is the opportunity to explore the deep. It’s exhilarating.
GET COLLEGE CREDIT
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Deep Diver course! What You Learn
- Techniques for diving in the deeper range of 18-40 metres/ 60-130 feet
- Deep scuba diving equipment considerations
- Experience in planning, organizing and making at least four deep dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
THE SCUBA GEAR YOU USE
You use all the basic scuba gear including a dive computer, some accessories and most likely a dive light
Check with your local dive shop about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find most everything at the scuba diving shop in your area.
THE LEARNING MATERIALS YOU NEED
PADI’s Deep Diver crewpak (DVD and manual) provides a thorough overview of the principles and techniques needed to complete the PADI Deep Diver specialty. In addition to previewing skills you’ll practice with your instructor, the materials serve as a reference guide for deep diving in a variety of conditions and environments. You’ll also find the answers to common questions such as :
- Is it true that ascending no faster than your bubbles is a good ascent rate?
- Can a slow ascent replace a safety stop?
- To purchase this product, contact your local PADI Instructor, dive shop or resort.
To enroll in the PADI Deep Diver course, you must:
- Be 15 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Your Deep Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver / Adventure Diver course credits (at your instructor’s discretion) as the first dive in the PADI Deep Diver course
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE
Many shipwrecks are often found in deeper water. That’s why the PADI Deep Diver course is a natural companion to the PADI Wreck Diver course. Sometimes you can take these two specialties concurrently.
Other training to consider is the PADI Enriched Air Diver course on your way to PADI Master Scuba Diver
© Copyright 2017 - All Rights Reserved
Developed by Maria Meza